Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baby Shower Cake



I just finished this cake which is for a baby shower tomorrow at church. It's my first tiered cake. I'm happy with how it turned out and hope it makes it to church in one piece tomorrow (haha)

SOoooo... the nitty gritty. The cake is a two layer (10in and 6in). The top layer is yellow cake with a caramel buttercream filling it is covered with a strawberry and white chocolate marshmallow fondant. --- The bottom layer is a Rich chocolate cake with an oreo filling and chocolate marshmallow fondant. I hope it tastes as yummy as it sounds! I also covered the board in fondant and the baby was modeled a week or so ago and has been waiting for her debut -- well, here she is!

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Carla said...

Gorgeous, Beth!!

Lindsey McFarland said...

Beth that cake is just awesome! The colors are gorgeous together and that sleeping little baby on top is just too cute!

KariAnnS said...

This is my favorite color combo! The cake looks amazing! You seriously are in a league of your own!

Williams Family said...

Oh, I love it! It is just gorgeous! You are so talented.

Camilla said...

i can not belive you made that cake! you did a fantastic job beth! I like the stars you added, are those fondant too?

andrealyn said...

Beautiful cake!!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

All I can say is WOW!