Thursday, September 6, 2007

Marshmallow Fondant



I made some more marshmallow fondant -- this time branching out with some flavors. This is the basic recipe I used, I highly recommend this site, it's amazing. http://www.baking911.com/asksarahbb/index.php?showtopic=1100

The one on the left is made with strawberry marshmallows and I added 1 oz of white chocolate. I also added 6oz of mini-white marshmallows, because the pink bag is only 10oz and the recipe calls for 16oz. On the right, we have a chocolate fondant. 1Tbl of cocoa and 1oz of chocolate added to the mix. I used my Kitchenaid to mix them. I'm doing a pink/brown cake. I can't decide if I want to darken the brown up some more -- what do you think? Leave me a comment!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

WhyamIdoingthis said...

i like a deeper brown...just my thought but they do look soft together and it is a baby shower.

andrealyn said...

It's really hard to tell but I think a little bit of a deeper brown would look splendid! I have always loved brown and pink together!

Williams Family said...

yep, I would go a deeper brown! Can't wait to see the next batch of cakes!